[email protected]
Two Pacific Place Building, 142 Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
November 9, 2010

K1 Fiancee Visa Questions

K1 Fiancee Visa Questions

The K1 Fiancee Visa is a very common visa in Thailand compared to the CR1 Visa or the K3 Visa in Thailand. The reason mainly being that it is faster and people feel more in control when their fiancee's are back in the US with them. Here are some of the most common questions. Always speak to a lawyer before starting the process as mistakes can be costly.

The K1 visa is a visa which allows you to take your Thai fiancee back to the US to marry. She will have 6 months to leave Thailand and once in the US you will have 90 days in which to get married. If she has minor children they can apply for a K2 visa in Bangkok.

The basic requirements for the K1 Visa is that you must be free to marry. There are also income requirements which you can watch the video here. You must also not have made a petition more than twice before and both you and your fiancee must have met each other at least once.These are the basic requirements for a K1 Fiancee Visa. Speak to our US immigration attorneys for more details.

Your fiancee when she arrives in the US will be able to work once she applies for a work permit. That work permit would have to be changed again once she has adjusted her status after marriage. It would be best to wait until after the marriage and the adjustment of status to apply for a work permit as it then only needs to be done once. Most woman when they arrive in the US do not work as they have to adjust to a new country and this normally takes up their time.

If you do not get married within the 90 days since she arrived in the US she would have to the leave the US before the 90 days expire. This will count against you later if you decide to find another fiancee and bring another fiancee back to the US. As stated you can only have 2 failed fiancee marriage attempts before you will be stopped.

When taking such a big step as starting a new family back in the US always ensure that you have a reputable law firm with US immigration attorneys to assist you through the process. We at Law Firm have an excellent reputation in the expatriate community in Thailand and our reputation has left us able to expand to all the major cities in Thailand. We are Thailand's largest legal services network. Speak to us in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Samui, Phuket or Chiang Mai.

Call us today on our toll-free US numbers to chat to us online - see our main website today!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram