If you are married to a Thai national then you can apply for a British spouse visa while in Thailand. All applications are made at the British Embassy in Bangkok and this includes the interview and where you need to file all the paperwork. There are a number of issues which needs to be addressed when you apply for the spouse visa for the UK but with offices in all the main cities of Thailand from Chiang Mai to Pattaya, Phuket and Hua Hin we will be able to assist you.
In order of obtain the British spouse visa you need to be able to prove the following:
- – You are now legally married to each other;
- – You are a British citizen and your wife is Thai;
- – You both now intend to remain married even when in the UK;
- – You have both met each other in person over the last 2 years;
- – You as a British citizen can support yourself and your wife without welfare;
- – You already have a suitable place to live in the UK;
- – You and your wife are both at time of application over the age of 18;
Once your Thai wife has entered the UK she will be on a 2 yeaqr probation before she can apply for citizenship. Depending on how long you have been married the probation period can be set aside. As an example you have been married for 5 years or so then the probation period of 2 years will fall away and is not applicable. Note you will have to prove to the embassy that the relationship is valid and provide photos, letters or emails to prove this. Speak to us online or in person for more assistance with your UK visa in Thailand. You can call our toll-free UK number or simply send us an email for more information.
Do it today – it costs nothing to ask!